- students and employees of MU - registration is free of charge, a student or employee card (ISIC, ITIC etc.) is required for the registration
online Registration is necessary: go to the web: https://inet.muni.cz/app/knihovny/prihlaska , see the library rules and confirm by clicking on "I agree"
- external users have to bring their ID card for the registration, fill in the registration form and pay the registration fee - 200 CZK per year
Access to the library user account
- every registered user can access their library account online
- the access is available in the library catalogue Aleph http://aleph.muni.cz
- for log-in use the personal university number (UČO) and the secondary password
- after log-in the information about user’s account are in the section “My account”
My library account
Checking the current loans and renewing the loan periods
- in the catalogue's menu bar click on "My account"
- in section "Activities" there is a summary of your loans, hold requests etc. in the libraries of MU
- click on the number on the line "Loans" to view your current loans and the due dates in the particular library
- for renewing click onto the number at the beginning of the line, the detail of the checked out item will be displayed, and then click onto "Renew"
- the loan period can be renewed twice provided that the book has not been required by another user
Putting a hold on a book
- it is possible to put a hold on a book that is currently on loan (if there are more items of the book, all of them have to be checked out) or on a book / journal / thesis that is shelved in the closed stacks
- it is not possible to put a hold on items that are available in free access collection (due date = „On Shelf“)
- after signing-in to the library catalogue, look up the record of the required document, display the "Items", choose the item you require and click onto the "Request"
- confirm the request
- when the book you required is returned, the system will send you a notification by an email, the book will be prepared for picking up for 7 days at the circulation desk
- documents from the closed stacks will be ready for pickup within an hour, requests made after 5 p.m. (on Fridays after 4p.m., on Saturdays after 2 p.m.) will be ready the following opening day in the morning
- the holds can be checked / deleted in "My library account" -> section Activities -> Hold requests
Should you have any problems with signing in to the system or with renewing and ordering books, please, contact us on the email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 549 49 1984.